Wednesday, January 14, 2009

VERY Eventful (26 Weeks 0 Days)

So this last week was very eventful....not for us personally (thank goodness!) but for Ryan's side of the family. The events started with Uncle David going into the hospital for symptoms of a heart attack which turned out to be a pinched nerve in his back (gotta love the human body, keeps ya thinkin'), then Uncle Dan's heart decided to just give up, thankfully he was in the hospital for all of the really serious stuff, now he has a bionic heart (a defibrillator implanted onto his heart) so if it decides to start any funny business it gives it a jolt, much like a pacemaker. THEN Diana (Ryan's sister) went into the hospital for a swollen purple leg, I say she's being a little dramatic BUT that's just me (just kidding Mom Gillaspie!). It turns out she got herself some blood clots in her leg and a few in each lung, an impressive feat for a healthy 23 year old. Of course all in time for her 3rd wedding this Saturday:)

Now for the triplet news..... We went in on Friday to see the doc and he said that everything looks good and to keep my activity to only 20 minutes at a time. Do you know what you can do in 20 minutes? Not much! Of course it usually takes that long for me to get up off the couch, which is quite the spectacle.

Saturday proved to be an eventful day. We had part II of our birthing class, we trudged down to Park Ridge in the snow and found that the class was canceled. Apparently we should've gotten a phone call, which we didn't, which was ironic because we live the farthest of anyone in the class. The trip wasn't completely wasted, there is a mother of triplets that lives about 20 minutes away from the hospital that had some swings for us. So we get there and as we are loading up the van with the swings she mentions that she had a double stroller in the garage out back. We pull around and as we're loading this she remembered that she had some infant car seats that she had ordered but never used. So we got two brand new, in the box infant car seats. We get home, open up the boxes, and the car seats are green and brown, my favorite color combination!!! Needless to say I was very excited!!!

On Sunday Ryan and I decided to make a quick trip to Menard's and then to walmart (all with a 20 minute activity restriction). We figured once we got to Wal Mart I would just use one of the automated carts. When we got there the parking lot was packed and with my driving skills I decided that it would be best for the safety of small children if we didn't. So Monday I decide that I can do this myself and besides who goes shopping on a Monday mid morning? It turns out that all stay at home moms and people over the age of 70 shop on Monday mornings. I didn't harm anyone and I got what I needed although Ryan will have to do the rest of the shopping later this week. Also on Monday I went to the cardiologist to get the 'ol ticker checked out. Turns out I do have a heart, and it's working pretty good. Just to be certain I got to wear a holter monitor for 24 hours, I'll get the results on Friday.

I know bedrest sounds like a vacation to alot of people, but I encourage you to sit on a couch and do nothing, absolutely nothing. Every hour get up to go to the bathroom, but first duct tape a 40lb watermelon to your abdomen. Also, don't forget, you can't just get up using your abdominal muscles, first you just roll to your side, kick your feet to the ground and hope it offsets your upper half to a sitting position. Now get up without falling over or wetting yourself. Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be pregnant, very happy and I'm very happy to have 3 healthy babies growing inside me BUT please don't tell me it must be nice to be on bedrest:) I think not getting out of the house today made me a little crabby....

Yesterday and today have been uneventful days, I didn't even leave the house today which I thought was going to be relaxing but I'm starting to feel stir crazy. The snow and dropping temperatures don't help, but for the next 5 days I have Ryan to entertain/argue with, so that will help break things up. Friday we go to see the doc again and this time we'll get an estimate as to how much the babies weigh, aka the highlight of my week.

Sorry for no pics this time. If you have a creative idea for a picture let us know.....

No comments: