Wednesday, February 4, 2009

29 weeks.....hanging in there....

So today I am 29 weeks pregnant, I joke with Ryan that it feels more like I'm 40 months pregnant. I can't believe that I'm already this far, it feels like time is moving more quickly, especially with the thought that at this point they have such a good chance at making it with few complications. Ryan seems to think that I'll deliver at around 30 weeks but I told him I'm holding out for 34 or more. I hope I win that bet.....


We went to the doc on Friday and he said everything looked good, I'm still barely 1cm dilated. In fact the doc said we didn't need to come back for another 10-14 days, it's like a vacation! (Not quite, but you get the picture) So the next time we go in, Friday the 13th, we will be doing another growth scan to see how the little ones are growing, I'm hoping for 3 and 1/2 pounds!


Surviving bed rest hasn't been too bad, I think partly due to my hermit tendencies. I'm officially done reading baby books....it feels like I've been studying for a huge test for the last 7 months and I just can't seem to do it anymore! I'm also sick of TV and I reserve any TV watching for when Ryan is home, and even then sometimes I can't quite handle it. I know, poor me:) So entertainment is down to reading fiction books and thinking about how I really should read all those nursing magazines that I get.


Sunday was my baby shower, I got permission to go from the doc under the condition that I sit in one place with my feet up. Of course the day of my shower when I monitored (I monitor for an hour twice a day) I had 10 contractions in an hour, not that it stopped me from going to the shower:) The shower was wonderful, my family and friends did a great job! I of course walked in sat in a recliner and stayed there for the duration, little things such as breathing and blinking leave little energy for anything else. All who attended and even many who did not were very generous with their gifts which we of course appreciate!


















Here's a pic of me at the shower......I don't know why people thought I was uncomfortable.....


No comments: