Monday, September 7, 2009

Back to the Grind...

Ahhhh...I just returned fro my first extended break away from my girls since they came home over 5 months ago. I haven't gone to bed without feeding or holding one of my girls until this past weekend. Friday afternoon I left to go camping with three friends of mine up in Lake Geneva WI, about an hour from my house. Then on Saturday our wives joined us at the camp grounds...Megan and I did take a quick run home on Sunday because we had some family in town and we wanted to visit with them a little bit...then we came home, officially, this morning (Monday). It was fun and relaxing...well sort of relaxing...we need an air mattress...this sleeping on the ground stuff is for the birds. While we were out camping we had my parents come and stay at our house for the weekend to take care of the girls...along with the help from my mother in-law...they seemed to have everything under control but as always they leave by always commenting on how much they respect what we do with taking care of three 6 month old and how it isn't an easy job...
-
I have just a few developmental updates from the past week or so...we have three raspberry blowers...Rogue and Phoenix are able to sit almost completely on their own, just need slight nudges to help from toppling over...all three girls are reaching and shuffling for toys out of reach, which is a good sign for some crawling.
-
Now I have to change gears and fall back into the whole routine, which I strangely missed. Back to the structure and routine here I come...here are a few pictures...enjoy.
-



She is actually sleeping while sitting up...again another CRAZY sleeping position.




Jade being a little angel and sleeping with a thumb in her mouth.






Rogue looking around in her new mirror...thanks to our family who visited us this past weekend.




Jade, Phoenix, and Rogue just hanging out in the window...



Jade posing for the camera unknowingly...she's sleeping.



Jade reaching for the rings which happen to be right by her doggy Diablo.



Rogue wrestling Jade while they play with their toys...




Our boxer Daisy can't seem to resist smelling Megan's finger nail polish remover and continue to make a face when she catches a whiff of the stink.

9 comments:

cat said...

Saw the blog at MOM"S - glad you got a break. Great to meet you and greetings from South Africa. Your girls are just adorable. And yes, get that air matres.

rodzilla1988 said...

Hey bud cute girls. I just started a MMA blog of my own and would appreciate it if you checked it out. If you wanted to become affiliates that would be cool to but please check it out.

http://mmaknockoutnews.blogspot.com/

Krystyn said...

Your girls are absolutely precious!

Lisa said...

Hello, I found you on Multiples and More - your girls are beautiful and are around the same age as my boys. I love their room!! Take care, Lisa

Jen said...

Stopped over from Multiples and More. Loved your interview and your girls are just so cute!

Christina said...

Also stopping in from Multiples and More. Loved the interview, your girls are darling!

Twincerely,Olga said...

Hi! your girls are adorable!!!Glad your blogging!!Really cool that your a SAHD! I am a new blogger and would love it if you'd stop by!

Lani said...

Thanks for being our feature today Ryan!

Helen said...

Hi - my husband is dead jealous you are a stay-at-home-dad. For financial reasons I stay at home, but he has always wanted to.

LOVE the girls room.

Helen
http://www.curlybirds.blogspot.com/