Sunday, November 15, 2009

BABY PROOF...

Well its happened...all three are moving with the army crawl and they are quick. Today I ran to the kitchen to start warming their bottles when I heard a crash...listened for a cry and it never came...so I thought it was just a toy they slammed down. When I came back to the family room I saw Rogue halfway inside of the garbage can that she had knocked over...YEAH. It was pretty funny when all I saw was her legs sticking out of the can all covered in the wrappers from the diaper packaging...yeah not thinking I went over and pulled her out...I should have taken a picture. She thought it was fun...Nix was waiting patiently outside waiting for her turn it was pretty funny.
-
We are very lucky with the layout of our main floor...so it has been very easy to baby proof the whole area. The only thing I need to rig up was the entertainment center...it has an open face. So I just ran to the hardware store and bought some Plexiglas and a piano hinge...wham bam we got our self a baby proofed entertainment center. Other than that we got a baby gate and some plug covers...thankfully we have no cords within reach of the girls so we don't have to worry about that.
-
Tried gating off some areas...it didn't last...it blocks the dogs access to the backyard.


Of course we got the plug covers...


My makeshift cover for the entertainment center...


Jade was eating Rogue's hand...its like we don't feed her or something...


She even tried to eat her sisters foot...


Goofy smile after eating feet...


There's the smile I was looking for...thanx Jade.
-
Until Next Time...BYE

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Just wait until you have to baby proof the baby proofing. LOL. You've got a few months to come up with a plan though, don't worry ;)

The Texas Trio said...

I highly recommend replacing the outlet covers if you can spare the $. I would also attach the TV to the wall so they can't pull it over. For any drawers I would use the magnetic locks. They are pricey and a pain to install but guaranteed to keep ANYONE out.

Here is the blog post that has links for my favorite stuff: http://stayathometripletdad.blogspot.com/2009/06/our-favorite-purchasesgifts-with.html

You will also love the door latches and you will need them:)

The fun is just beginning:)

Keep the faith,

Al