Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Brothers are BACK!!!!

Ok I am going to apologize ahead of time...this post has nothing to do with the girls. I have to say my wait is FINALLY over. I just got home from seeing the sequel to my favorite movie of all time...the movie we just saw is called Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. Thanks to my mother and mother in law they gave me and the wife the opportunity to see the movie with some cousins of mine...not only were we able to go see this movie but we got a little time out, just the two of us. We started off by doing a little Christmas shopping...then headed over to "Steak and Shake". I forgot that they actually make good food...then we headed off to fulfill a 10 year period of waiting. The first movie came out in 1999...created from the mind of a bartender/bouncer in Boston came this genius (in my opinion) piece of worked called "The Boondock Saints". If you like a good action flick with a tad bit of humor put into it then this is the movie for you. I can quote almost the entire movie and I even own three different versions of the movie on dvd and the documentary about the rise and fall of the director/writer...yes they made that many different versions...never heard of this movie? Well not many people have...it was released in 5 theaters back 99' for about one week...it was then stonewalled by every possible avenue to be released...finally it came out on dvd in the US in 2001 from there it spawned a cult following of word of mouth to create a gross of about $50 million in domestic video sales. Due to its popularity there was no question about a sequel other than...When will it happen? It may sound like I am trying to sell everyone on the idea that they should run out and see this film...your right but I will preface that by saying it's not for everyone...for one it is rated "R" it has language and blood...its all in all an action flick to trump all action flicks (again in my opinion). Well I will leave it at that...sorry I just had to say something about my evening. I will try and post something about the girls soon...thanks for listening.
-
-
Until Next Time...BYE

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I just saw the first one on Saturday night. My husband and I loved it and can't wait to see the new one!

Ryan said...

Sarah - Well if you loved the first one then you won't be disappointed with the second one...it is a must see of anyone who liked the first one.

The Brandt-Feusi Family said...

that is my favorite movie ever! ask my husband! I am so cyked that there is a 2nd!

Ryan said...

April - See I knew you were a cool chick...