Monday, November 2, 2009

Rida Rida Ranka

This brings back MEMORIES...my grandma use to do this to me as a little tike...all of my cousins, I guarantee, remember grandma doing this to them when they were young...oh the memories...this is an OLD Swedish nursery rhyme that has been passed on through the generations...
-
Rida, rida ranka
Ride, ride on my knee
Hasten heter Blanka
The horse's name is Blanka
Vart ska vi rida?
Where are we riding?
Till en liten piga.
A little girl
Jungfru Margareta,
Maiden Margareta,
Den tjocka och feta.
The fat and chubby.
-
Hope the translation is somewhat right...anyways ENJOY the video...it makes me smile when I watch it...Thank you Grandma for EVERYTHING you have done in my life and now you can add a little joy to my kids lives...thank you.


Phoenix going for a ride with Great Grandma Leafblad (GG Ma)...
-
Until Next Time...BYE

2 comments:

Seth and Kelly said...

We do it to Mari too! I think that I forget to say some of the lines though, but we get the just of it! Oh the memories......

Cousin Megan said...

wow, somehow my version is a little different. thanks for the actual lyrics! see if grandma can fit all three on her leg at the same time :)

love the 3 peas in a pod btw, so cute. hope i can meet the lovely ladies sometime soon!