Tuesday, December 8, 2009

SANTA!!!!!!!

The girls have now officially seen Santa...as you can see from the voters poll to the right I have a question for all of you. "Did you believe in Santa as a kid?" all of this came about when I told the wife I wanted to take the girls to go see Santa and get their picture taken with him. She looked at me like I had lost my mind and said "Really? Why?" I was sent back reeling trying to figure out why she would be so amazed at that...I then weeded out the reasoning...she never had Santa involved in her childhood...no Santa presents...no milk...no cookies...no red suit...no reindeer...no elves...no jolly old man...nothing. I never met someone who didn't have Santa growing up, not that I ask everyone I meet or anything, but I was just caught a little off guard. Lets just say I still receive gifts and stockings from Santa on Christmas morning...no I don't believe in Santa but I LOVE the tradition...he always seems to be very practical...underwear...socks...toothpaste...he even got me my first hamster as a kid...you know the necessities...as I grew up Santa tended to bring us mainly practical items and usually one larger fun gift...it was always fun on Christmas morning running down the stairs to see the half eaten cookies...half glass of milk...filled stockings hanging on the mantel...presents under the tree...eye boogies in the corner of your eyes...the aroma of morning breath passing through the air...my sister and I eagerly waiting for our parents to come down the stairs so we can see what Santa brought us...(sigh) what glorious memories. I truely want to carry on this tradition with the girls throughout their lives. I am soooo excited...I want them to feel the way I did as a kid on Christmas morning...joy...happiness...anticipation...curiosity...giddiness...
-
The wife putting up ornaments...


The house lights...sorry, terrible picture but it was cold.


Rogue staring at Santa...


Jade and Santa having a talk...


Rogue sitting with Santa...
-
Until Next Time...BYE

1 comment:

Jodie said...

I totally agree with you. There's something special about a little make believe with Santa.