Saturday, July 24, 2010

Halloween is COMING!!! (Pic)

Ok for those of you that don't know, I LOVE HALLOWEEN. It's just around the corner so I have begun to prepare for this glorious holiday (See the countdown above). I have started my creations for this year...and randomly I will be posting updates to my new additions...there WILL be long gaps between updates because I am sort of limited on time since I sort of have a couple of kids to watch most of the day. I tend to do a lot of the work when the girls are napping or once they go to bed...of course it falls behind daily duties of cleaning, washing, and organizing stuff but none the less I MAKE time to work on my stuff. This year my goal is to add a scarecrow with a sculpted head made to look like a pumpkin head...about 6-10 Tombstones, life sized and life like...1-2 hand sculpted pumpkins...eerie lighting...creepy fake candles throughout graveyard hand made...Zombie Crossing sign...and much MUCH more.
-
Now I also need some help here...I have some ideas for tombstones...mainly famous horror movie characters

Michael Jackson - White Glove Draped on top (Died June 25th, 2009)

Frederick Charles "Freddy" Kruger - Claws coming out of ground 1938-1970

Jason Voorhees - Machete or hockey mask leaning on tombstone

Michael Myers

Dracula - Fang Marks on the tombstone

Frankenstein - Bolts on the side of the tombstone

Charles Lee "Chucky" Ray - "The Lakeshore Strangler"

John Kramer "The Jigsaw Killer" - Jigsaw puzzle pieces all over tombstone

Sweeney Todd - Straight razor on tombstone

Jack the Ripper - Guts laying in front of tombstone

but I need some more help...I'm am looking for some more famous names who have passed that would make for interesting tombstones...like maybe a really short tombstone for Gary Coleman...you know along those lines. If you have any ideas let me know in the comments section of this post...thanx in advance for your help.
-
Here are a few pictures of what I have done thus far...enjoy.
-
The Pumpkin head for the scarecrow...just now starting to paint it...it stands about 20" tall...



I got Jason's, from Friday the 13th, tombstone with its first coat of sealant paint on it...I hope to add a hockey mask hanging on the side of it...


Dracula's tombstone...went against the whole fang marks in it and will probably be adding a skull to it somewhere...



Here is Sweeney Todd's tombstone...He was known as the Demon Barber of Fleet Street...I will be adding a "real" straight razor to the front of the tombstone and possibly some other embellishments...


One of the Zombie crossing signs I had made...made out of Aluminum...I have two sets of this and will place it on a post near the street for passer byes to see.
-
Until Next Time...BYE

3 comments:

the things i say said...

you should definitely do a tomb of detective greeley from boondock saints...and title it SACK O MATIC...though that would be kind of inappropriate....

MJ said...

Oooh, I love Halloween too (I'm secretly hoping that my triplets are born on that day:)

I'm coming over from Multiples & More just to say hello.

~Meghan
http://mbjmaybebaby.blogspot.com/

The Texas Trio said...

You could always do one for Peter Jennings in the shape of a lung but it might make some people mad:) You could do the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters. Old Yeller? George Steinbrenner? You could also do a Disney/kid film corner with all the animals/characters they have knocked-off i.e. Bambi's Mom, Nemo's Mom, Ariel's Mom, etc.... But use their real names and maybe a little bit of how they died.

I too LOVE Halloween but I lack the artistic flair so I am forced to buy stuff each year after Halloween when it is on sale. Last year we/I picked up a fog machine and black lights!