Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Must get out NOW!!! (Pic)

I have finally found an outlet...moms have their mom groups and stuff but us guys like to hit each other...so why not join a sport where I can hit people...hmmmm...Rugby. Yeah that seemed like a good idea. Well I have never played nor have I ever even watched a match before I went to my first practice. It was a definite baptism by fire...wow...I was sore for about 5 days afterwards...my lack of fitness may have something to do with that. Then at my second practice I was told they had a game on Saturday and asked if I would like to come. I jumped at the chance...well this past Saturday I had my first match. The brochure never told me it would hurt so much...the matches weren't all that clean but no matter what it was all so much fun. I have never played a physical sport before so this whole getting hit part was new to me. Our first match was fun and the injuries for me were pretty limited...I only dislocated my shoulder within the first 30 seconds of the game...no big deal it went back in and off I went. It was the second game that did me in. Out of nowhere an elbow came flying in and my left eye went black I turtled up because everything was a fuzz and who knew if anyone else was coming. Once I cleared my head and stood up I tried to look down the field but all I could see was my own eyebrow. Yeah that didn't seem right...I walked off the pitch and headed towards the medic. I got quite a few crazed looks...that was my first hint it wasn't right. (See pictures below)
-
I was told by the other guys on the team that those were the two dirtiest teams they have ever played (7-8 fist fights broke out...I was in none of them)...on our way home I was in the most injured vehicle...player wise. We had me with my eye and shoulder...then we had a broken nose...and last but not least a broken forearm. Sounds like fun doesn't it? Who wants to join in and play?
-
All in all I can't wait for our next game. Check out some pictures...
-
Here is a picture right after it happened...


The next day...
-
Until Next Time...BYE

No comments: